10 People Who Changed Internet Marketing
The world six decades ago simply relied on traditional marketing strategies. Though the use of the newspaper, television, newsletters, postcards, flyers and commercials are still effective marketing strategies, the birth of internet opens more and innovative possibilities. Who took advantage of these new possibilities?
The 10 Influential People Who Transformed Internet Marketing
- If there can be two kings in Internet marketing that would be Larry Page and Sergey Brin of Google. When was the last time you use Google to search for something? Perhaps, it is just a minute ago. Which search engine automatically comes to mind when you need to look for images, videos, and updates about current events and the entertainment world? Certainly, it would be Google. When you want to market a service or a product, it should be definitely included in Google’s search results.
- Jeff Bezos of Amazon changed the way people shop. If there is one trusted online retailer that you can think of, it would be Amazon. In Amazon, their secret is about their unending innovation. They are always thrilled to introduce the freshest discovery that they have created when it comes to selling products. See our writeup on how to make money with Amazon.
- Mark Zuckerberg tops list when it comes to social networking category. How he changed internet marketing is seen in Facebook’s massive success in making people patronize the social networking giant. And if internet marketing is about making clients return more often than necessary on a company’s website, Facebook has nothing more to prove.
- Chad Hurley and Steve Chen of YouTube changed the way people watch. Is there a website that allows online video watching more famous than YouTube? There is none. Hurley and Chen were former employees of PayPal and they established YouTube in 2005. But in 2006, the two sold YouTube to Google and from that point; YouTube started expanding its offerings and ability to upload unlimited size of videos with adult contents as exemptions. Viral media and the rest are history.
- Matt Mullenweg of WordPress definitely knows how to get attention. At present WordPress is considered to be the most famous blogging platform, thanks to its usability, easy to install plug-ins, and comprehensiveness. Through blogging, internet users become a part of something big and they are no longer seen as simply a member of an audience.
- Bram Cohen is the genius mind behind the huge success of BitTorrent. Torrenting has become a revolutionized peer to peer activity that lets you download and share files in the fastest means possible. Though facing issues about copyright and some other illegal implications, there are still internet marketers who consider introducing their products and services via BitTorrent.
- Niklas Zennström & Janus Friis of Skype have changed how people communicate. Their partnership has been a huge contribution in the way people are communicating now. The 300 million users of Skype is a huge target market that can boost more businesses. “Skyping” is not just the talk of the town but an indispensable need of millions who communicate a lot for business and pleasure. Do their names sound so familiar? Why, they are also the mind behind Kazaa, an online peer to peer network which was recognized as the most downloaded program in 2003.
- Jack Ma is the founder of Alibaba Group and he is also the CEO and chairman of this influential website that promotes internet marketing. If there will be a listing of most powerful and influential people in Asia, he’s always there on top. Alibaba is the best online marketplace to be if you are looking for suppliers, manufacturers, clients, importers, exporters, wholesalers, products, and leads.
- Robin Li is known for co-founding Baidu, the most popular search engine in the land of China. His massive financial portfolio continues to expand because Baidu offers a lot of services using the Chinese language. So, if you are Chinese and you want to download a music file, a video, or images, Baidu is the search engine to employ.
- Pete Cashmore is the founder of Mashable and he is one of the AdAge’s 2011 Influencers. Mashable provides social media news, web tips, internet news blog, technology, meme, gadgets, web development, and more. These tools are so powerful and you can use them whenever you want to learn what is new on the web.
These are the top entrepreneurs who took the risks of going beyond the conventional. They have seen internet as a new milestone in changing the marketing world and they are now reaping the fruits of their labor.